Distance Selling Regulations - having your car delivered through Lewis Solutions Ltd
Because you are having your vehicle delivered the terms and conditions of your sale change a little bit. To ensure you fully understand how this effects your purchase, please carefully read the points below;
- For reasons of fraud prevention we are only able to deliver to your home address if a copy of the new keepers driving licence is emailed / text to Mr David Lewis (07540 565540 or [email protected]) for verification prior to arranging delivery. NB. We will not deliver the car to you if we have not received this.
- Upon receipt of your vehicle it is imperative that you fully inspect its physical condition. Once you have signed to accept the vehicle we will, unfortunately, not accept liability for any damage which was not noted during your vehicles delivery.
- You are entitled to a “cooling off period” under distance selling laws, in which you can change your mind about your purchase. This period begins from the day we deliver your vehicle to you and is valid for 14 days.
- If you wish to return your vehicle then we must be notified in writing within this 14 day period. Upon receipt of your request we will contact you to acknowledge receipt and make arrangements for your order to be cancelled.
- Your vehicle must be returned to us within 14 days of your cancellation. This 14 day period will begin from the day we acknowledge your refund request.
- Your refund will be made within 14 days of the vehicle being returned to us. This 14 day period will begin from the day we sign to accept return of the car to our premises.
Please note that the following terms and conditions apply
- Delivery of your vehicle will take place at an agreed time and place. Should you, for any reason, be unable to accept this delivery, then you will be liable for the cost of this delivery and any subsequent charges to return it. In the event of cancellation, this amount would be deducted from your final refund amount.
- You are liable for the vehicle from the point of accepting delivery. If you choose to cancel within your cooling off period, then you remain liable for the vehicle until it has been returned to our premises and signed for. You will be liable, and charged, for any damage present which was not noted when you accepted delivery of the vehicle. Any cost will be deducted from your final refund amount.
- To receive a full refund, a maximum additional mileage of 50 miles from the recorded delivery mileage is allowed. If you cover any additional distance then an excess mileage charge of £1.00 per mile will be deducted from your final refund amount.
- Any delivery cost charged to you as part of your order will be fully refunded. However, you will be liable for any collection costs incurred and this amount will be deducted from your final refund. Our nationwide delivery charge of £199 is subsidised as part of your purchase. Please note that, should you choose to cancel your order, collection of the vehicle will be charged at the full rate. We will fully inform you of any costs before arranging collection and will not make any arrangements without your prior consent.
- You are able to make your own arrangements for return of the vehicle but, in doing so, accept full liability for the vehicle until it is returned to us. Any damage caused to the vehicle will be deducted from your final refund amount and, in the case of any insurance claim being raised, no refund will be made until payout from the relevant insurance company has been made to us.
- No refund amount will be made until the vehicle has been inspected and signed for by a member of our team. If we intend to make any deductions from your final refund amount then you will be made aware of that amount prior to the refund.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights
During COVID-19 Restrictions- Virtual Test Drives - Free UK Deliveries whilst restrictions apply - Social Distancing measures to protect staff and customers - On-line finance applications from our website